Prayers Of Renunciation – Eastern
by Amanda Buys
FINDING FREEDOM FROM MARTIAL ARTS AND YOGA
Matthew 16:18-19 “18 And I tell you, you are Peter [Greek, Petros—a large piece of rock], and on this rock [Greek, petra—a huge rock like Gibraltar] I will build My church, and the gates of Hades (the powers of the infernal region) shall not overpower it [or be strong to its detriment or hold out against it]. 19 I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; and whatever you bind (declare to be improper and unlawful) on earth must be what is already bound in heaven; and whatever you loose (declare lawful) on earth must be what is already loosed in heaven.”
Revelation 1:18 “18 And the Ever-living One [I am living in the eternity of the eternities]. I died, but see, I am alive forevermore; and I possess the keys of death and Hades (the realm of the dead).”
When a person asks for deliverance from the demonic hold of Yoga and the Martial Arts, there are certain directives to take into account. This is no light matter and the counsellors need to be experienced and well prepared for this task.
The first guide-line is to not counsel such a person on your own, but always with a co-counsellor and if possible, someone of the same sex.
Secondly, if you could “tidy up” all the lesser points for release first, it could lessen the manifestation from the counsellee and create a smoother release.
Thirdly, remember that the mind of the counsellee is “programmed” by the particular medium he has pursued and that he will need deliverance from all that has entered from the basic source of belief and acceptance of anything concerning that belief.
A next step would be to counsel the person on his past and to deal with all sin in his life, while encouraging him and assure him of GOD’s Grace and Forgiveness after confession of the sin.
Another necessity is to make sure that the counsellee understands how to maintain the armor of GOD as it is written in.
Ephesians 6:10-18 “10 In conclusion, be strong in the LORD [be empowered through your union with Him]; draw your strength from Him [that strength which His boundless might provides]. 11 Put on GOD’s whole armor [the armor of a heavy-armed soldier which GOD supplies], that you may be able successfully to stand up against [all] the strategies and the deceits of the devil.”
“12 For we are not wrestling with flesh and blood [contending only with physical opponents], but against the despotisms, against the powers, against [the master spirits who are] the world rulers of this present darkness, against the spirit forces of wickedness in the heavenly (supernatural) sphere. 13 Therefore put on GOD’s complete armor, that you may be able to resist and stand your ground on the evil day [of danger], and, having done all [the crisis demands], to stand [firmly in your place]. 14 Stand therefore [hold your ground], having tightened the belt of truth around your loins and having put on the breastplate of integrity and of moral rectitude and right standing with GOD, 15 And having shod your feet in preparation [to face the enemy with the firmfooted stability, the promptness, and the readiness produced by the good news] of the Gospel of peace. 16 Lift up over all the [covering] shield of saving faith, upon which you can quench all the flaming missiles of the wicked [one]. 17 And take the helmet of salvation and the sword that the Spirit wields, which is the Word of GOD. 18 Pray at all times (on every occasion, in every season) in the Spirit, with all [manner of] prayer and entreaty. To that end keep alert and watch with strong purpose and perseverance, interceding in behalf of all the saints (GOD’s consecrated people).”
Each counselling session should start with a confession of faith in GOD Almighty and His Son Jesus Christ. This is a declaration to the spirit world. The following are a list of suggestions of the particular areas that need to be addressed in counselling someone who has been involved in the Martial Arts and Yoga. The level of training in these Arts which the counsellee underwent, will determine the depth of the ministry applied:
- The counsellee needs to have a genuine desire to be delivered.
- All sin must be confessed.
- Any person who needs to be forgiven?
- Counsellee must have a genuine statement and declaration of his faith in Jesus Christ of Nazareth.
- Invite the Holy Spirit to come.
- Cut loose from Mars, the Roman god of war, the Principality over all the Martial Arts.
- Counsellee must renounce the particular name of the Martial Art and the type of Yoga practiced and then be released from it.
- Release from every move and every position practiced in either the Martial Arts or Yoga and it needs to be cut off.
- A cutting off and releasing from any mantra or object used to aid meditation.
- Cutting off from all instructors by name.
- Cutting off from the name of the practice hall.
- Release and cut off from all signs of respect by bowing prior to a Martial Art bout or following a bout.
- Cutting off and freeing from any symbol seen or unseen in the meeting hall; i.e. a flag, scroll, picture, etc.
- Confess of being a part of a practice of a physical nature emanating from an Eastern religion, and release him from it.
- A release from the Yin and Yang symbols and all they represent.
- Confess any injuries caused to others during any practice of any Martial Art, and a prayer for healing for the injured party.
- Confess and cut off any commitments made verbally or in writing concerning the Martial Arts or Yoga.
- Cut free from all breathing exercises and any subsequent ill-effect on the lungs, etc.
- Cut free from all ki or chi power.
- Cut free from names and attributes of all animals represented in either the Martial Arts or Yoga.
- Break the power of every belt award, and speak GOD’s Release to the participant and declare freedom from slavery from any aspect of the Martial Arts.
- Ask for GOD’s Healing and Release to the mind and spirit of the counsellee and pray for a conversion of the mind and spirit to the Mind of Christ.
- Ju-jitsu: Cut free from the spirit of throttling.
- Pray for healing from any injuries that the counsellee might have problems with. Extra to the list for deliverance are one or two other areas to address, but as these affect demonic entry of other types of involvement, I am listing them separately. With any acknowledgement of other faith systems and practice of meditation, prayers and other actions particular to that medium or faith, there will be a physical control needing release – the automatic nervous system; the central nervous system; the glands, especially the adrenal; every muscle; the conscious, semi-conscious and unconscious mind; the will and that part of the mind particularly that makes decisions.