ONCE SAVED AND NOT ALWAYS SAVED (OSANAS)
Here is some more proof against the “Once Saved Always Saved” belief:
Revelation 12:10: And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our GOD, and the power of HIS CHRIST: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our GOD day and night.
NOW if the “brethren that are “Once Saved” were “Always Saved” then why is the accuser of the brethren still able to accuse them? Even day and night before GOD? You would think that if they were “Always Saved” it would be pointless for the accuser to accuse them–why would he waste his time?
Previously, I have posted scriptures proving that the Once Saved Always Saved (OSAS) doctrine is false and of course beloved by lukewarm churches because it goes along with the lukewarm way: salvation can’t be lost so do whatever you want…
I had my own “light bulb” moment when it dawned on me that there was even yet ANOTHER scripture that clearly shows that the OSAS doctrine is false. We see in Luke 11:24-26 that a man is delivered of an unclean spirit and this has to be done by the Power of the HOLY SPIRIT. It can’t be done by the enemy because of what Luke 11:18 says: If Satan also be divided against himself, how shall his kingdom stand? because ye say that I cast out devils through Beelzebub.
So then in this famous scripture we read that the man has changed his state because the last state for him is worse than the first…so this means that in the first state he had only one unclean spirit, but then after being delivered, he returns to a state that that is worse for him after being delivered from one spirit, he goes to seven other spirits. So he is delivered and then falls away again. So CLEAR CUT EVIDENCE that someone can be Once “Saved” from unclean spirits through CHRIST and can end up worse than before And Not Always Saved (OSANAS).
Luke 11:24-26 (KJV): 24 When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest; and finding none, he saith, I will return unto my house whence I came out. 25 And when he cometh, he findeth it swept and garnished. 26 Then goeth he, and taketh to him seven other spirits more wicked than himself; and they enter in, and dwell there: and THE LAST STATE OF THAT MAN IS WORSE THAN THE FIRST..
Here are the other scriptures:
Someone was asking me about “once saved always saved” doctrine–so here it is again: a fabulous doctrine for people who don’t like the part in the Bible that says “work out your salvation with fear and trembling…”
Once Saved—Always Saved is a FALSE DOCTRINE and is not Biblical
• The Bible is full of scripture that CONTRADICTS the belief that once you are saved you can never:
• be entangled again in the pollutions of the world that you have escaped …
• fall away…
• be moved away from the hope of the gospel …
• be castaway…
• put CHRIST to an open shame.
Here are reference scriptures:
• 2 Peter 2:20 (KJV): For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the LORD and SAVIOR CHRIST, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.
• Hebrews 6:4-6 (KJV): 4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the HOLY GHOST, 5 And have tasted the good Word of GOD, and the powers of the world to come, 6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance;
seeing they crucify to themselves the SON of GOD afresh, and put HIM to an open shame.
• Colossians 1:23 (KJV): If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;
• 1 Corinthians 9:26-27 (KJV): 26I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air: 27 But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.
• 1 Peter 4:18 (KJV): And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?
Once saved always saved is defended mostly by people who want GOD on their own terms–treat GOD like a hobby second to all other pursuits–view GOD like people who only are friends with someone because they have a pool in their backyard…(a shallow pool I might add)