IF YOU ARE CHRISTIAN, CHURCH LEADER OR PASTOR AND YOU JUST HATE TALK OF END TIMES–YOU DON’T WANT TO HEAR ABOUT IT–YOU DON’T WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT–THERE IS A REASON YOU DISLIKE IT–AND HERE THEY ARE:
The LORD revealed to me nine specific reasons in the Bible that people are not interested in watching for the LORD’s return. Here are the nine reasons in scripture people will choose to not pursue CHRIST…and to watch for HIS return:
3. Head Knowledge
4. Lack Direction
6. Pleasures of This Life
7. Cares of This Life
8. Trivializing the Times
9. Love of the World
1. SIN: The Bible says sin will cause GOD to give lost people over to their evil desires and they will be caught up in sin and not seeking GOD: Romans 1:24 (NLT): 24 So GOD abandoned them to do whatever shameful things their hearts desired. As a result, they did vile and degrading things with each other’s bodies.
2. WEALTH: The Bible says the people will be caught up in wealth–wealth could be whatever they want that they have plenty of that keeps their focus off GOD and leads to their demise. The LORD implores them to seek HIM so that they can have Spiritual eyes: Revelation 3:17-18 (NLT): 17 You say, ‘I am rich. I have everything I want. I don’t need a thing!’ And you don’t realize that you are wretched and miserable and poor and blind and naked. 18 So I advise you to buy gold from ME—gold that has been purified by fire. Then you will be rich. Also buy white garments from ME so you will not be shamed by your nakedness, and ointment for your eyes so you will be able to see.
3. HEAD KNOWLEDGE: The Bible says they will have a haughty attitude and mock the message because they have “head knowledge” from Satan and not “heart knowledge” from GOD: 2 Peter 3:4 (KJV): And saying, Where is the promise of HIS coming? For since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.
4. LACK DIRECTION: The Bible says they will desire leadership from people who tell them what they want to hear and not the truth. 2 Timothy 4:3 (KJV): For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
5. UNLOVING: The Bible says they just refuse to pursue GOD and HIS truth and righteousness so HE gives them over to a strong delusion and their hearts are hardened to the reality of the times–it’s right in front of them but they can’t see it because their hearts have waxed cold. 2 Thessalonians 2:10-13 (KJV): 10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this cause GOD shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: 12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness. 13 But we are bound to give thanks always to GOD for you, brethren beloved of the LORD, because GOD hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the SPIRIT and belief of the truth:
6. PLEASURES OF THIS LIFE: The Bible says they are so caught up in their riches and “pleasures of this life” that they are literally choking in them–so that they cannot break free and find true life and truth. Luke 8:14 (KJV): And that which fell among thorns are they, which, when they have heard, go forth, and are choked with cares and riches and pleasures of this life, and bring no fruit to perfection.
7. CARES OF THIS LIFE: The Bible says they are so overcharged and drunken and overcome with the “cares of this life”–the things of this life they “care more for” then CHRIST that will cause them to be blindsided by the day of the LORD’s coming. Luke 21:34 (KJV): And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares.
8. TRIVIALIZING THE TIMES: The Bible says the people will be so caught up in their OWN FUTURES–which are evil because they are not GOD’s future–or the Will of the FATHER that “THEY MADE LIGHT OF IT.” They literally have replaced watching for the return of the LORD with their own interests and saying HAUGHTILY: MY PLANS ARE GREATER THAN GOD’S PLANS–I WILL NOT GIVE THIS COMMAND OF GOD TO WATCH FOR HIS RETURN ANY WEIGHT! Matthew 22:1-5 (KJV): 22 And JESUS answered and spake unto them again by parables, and said, 2 The Kingdom of Heaven is like unto a certain king, which made a marriage for his son, 3 And sent forth his servants to call them that were bidden to the wedding: and they would not come. 4 Again, he sent forth other servants, saying, Tell them which are bidden, Behold, I have prepared my dinner: my oxen and my fatlings are killed, and all things are ready: come unto the marriage. 5 BUT THEY MADE LIGHT OF IT, and went their ways, one to his farm, another to his merchandise:
9. LOVE OF THE WORLD: The Bible says the world is an enmity to GOD and it is the pursuit of the world that will keep those lost from focusing on what GOD is doing because just like Lot’s wife–the love of the world will appeal more than watching for the LORD. And like Lot–they will purchase the world with their life…Luke 17:31-33 (KJV): 31 In that day, he which shall be upon the housetop, and his stuff in the house, let him not come down to take it away: and he that is in the field, let him likewise not return back. 32 Remember Lot’s wife. 33 Whosoever shall seek to save his life shall lose it; and whosoever shall lose his life shall preserve it.